Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wedding Series: Country Chic October Wedding

It's October which means it is time for our Fall Wedding Series blog post. I loved my wedding last year and wanted to share it with you.

Theme: Country Chic
Photographer: Matt McFarland
Ceremony Location: Salt Lake City Temple
Dress: Borrowed it from my friend Jenny Herrin who had it custom made at a lace shop(this is a great way to save money...borrow your gown)
Hair & Makeup: Charelle Broadhead (she is absolutely amazing and is located in the Lehi area)
Flowers: Janae Frazer 
Colors: Dark Purple, Orange, and a hint of green
Jewelry: Also borrowed from my friend Jenny Herrin
Hair Piece: Made by Jenny Herrin 
{Note: Jenny now is the business owner of 'Crown your Gown' She can help you out with hair pieces, etc}

I wanted a gorgeous wedding that didn't hurt my budget too much.  

Here is what we did to lower the costs:
  • Get crafty!  If you have the time start making your own centerpieces, invitations, etc.  This will help save you so much in the long run.
  • Use your connections!  We knew our photographer, florist, caterer, hair stylist, cake maker, etc, etc, etc.  They gave us great deals which helped save us a pretty penny.
  • Get a vision of what you want.  Write down your ideas.  Sketch out your plan.  This all helped me so much.
  • Though we used a caterer to provide a few of the food items I used local bakeries to save on cost.  My caterer served the items I had bought from local bakeries for a small fee.
  • Sister-in-law made our cake as our wedding gift(you can't get any better than free).
  • I borrowed my wedding dress(again free is so nice).
WEDDING CEREMONY
{note: reception details provided below}



RECEPTION
Venue: Draper City Barn (Total cost $100)
Catering: Sweet Pea Catering 
Cake: Made by my amazing sister-in-law Sarah LeFevre
Flowers: Janae Frazer
"Thank you" favor: Caramels made by "the little red hen"(amazing & come in so many flavors)
Decorations: All of the centerpieces, backdrops, and all the fine details were put together by my amazing family and myself! Candlesticks,lanterns, etc were purchased at Hobby Lobby and Tai Pan.
Hair Piece: Made by 'Crown your Gown'




























We had guests write us little notes on these cards and use small clothes pins to pin them to twine
We put fires outside for warmth and smores 
Our first dance: Sung by Heather Jackman

Happy October Weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment